Why Hot Yoga?
- Heat thins the blood which increases the heart rate, making hot yoga an excellent low-impact cardiovascular workout.
- Heat increases blood flow, allowing more blood and oxygen to be delivered to the muscles, joints and the lymphatic and endocrine systems.
- Heat speeds the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids.
- Heat makes the muscles more elastic and pliable which allows for deeper, safer stretching.
- Heat helps you sweat allowing the body to detoxify and flush toxins.
- Heat enhances blood flow, bringing natural healing and balance back into your body.
We believe that the healing of the mind is the greatest benefit of yoga. The positive impact yoga has on one’s body and health is a bonus.
We want to welcome you to Sumits Hot Yoga Springfield, a place that has become more than just a yoga studio, but more of a yoga community and a home away from home for so many people. We are proud to have been a part of Springfield’s first hot yoga studio since the doors opened in 2009, and we look forward to many more years of sharing yoga with the Springfield community.
We met in 2001 as teammates on the cheerleading team at Missouri State University, and over the past decade it has become our passion to not only share health and wellness, but to inspire others to allow these things to become a lifestyle. When we were introduced to Sumit and his practice, he gave us many of the tools that we needed to do just that. Sumits Yoga encompasses everything that we love in an 80 minute practice.
Anyone from any walk of life is welcome at our studio. Yoga is for everyone, and in the words of Bikram Choudhury, “You’re never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick, to start from scratch one again.” We have been so blessed to watch many lives change through a simple yoga practice, and can’t wait for you to begin your journey. Our doors are always open, all we need is you!
xo, Nikki & StephanieOwners,Sumits Hot Yoga Springfield