Homemade Granola Bars from Erin Hargis
“I whipped up this recipe while trying to think of a way to use the excessive amount of oats I had in my pantry. Now, when I make them, I eat them for breakfast, and then later for dessert. And then I have to hide them so my boyfriend can’t find them because they are THAT good! I especially love that there isn’t any baking involved. I keep mine in the refrigerator as a nice cool treat after a hot yoga class. I use no-sugar-added peanut butter, organic honey, and organic coconut oil. Chocolate chips are optional! These are packed with protein and are a wonderfully filling option for those on-the-go. Namaste!”
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, combine oats and coconut. Set aside.
2. Over low heat, combine peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Stir together until smooth. Immediately remove from heat.
3. Pour warm mixture over oats and coconut, stir to combine.
4. Pour the mixture evenly into a wax-paper lined glass pan. Then, press mini-chocolate chips into the top of the bars.
5. Cover the pan and allow bars to freeze overnight, or 4-5 hours. Once hardened, remove the bars and cut into desired size. Wrap individually, and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy.